Friday, January 21, 2005

From South Emsall to Las Vegas

Today was the last day of this block of training. So it's goodbye to the former pit villages of South Yorkshire. It has been fun. One of the participants [the escapologist as it happens] is also a professional jazz singer from Leeds. I mentioned a band I had seen when I moved to Leeds after leaving school [30 years ago this year] at the Cherry Tree Pub. Turns out it was her father's band and the singer is now her step-mother... Small world.

Anyway Rob has persuaded a number of us to go to Las Vegas for five days in April [amazingly cheep]. I am going to combine it with seeing Derwood in Yucca Valley California, which I am really looking forward to. Vegas is probably second last on my list of must-see's [ahead of Luton] but I am going to treat it as an anthropoligal project, and hope to get some good photos. And there are mountain bikes to hire...

No comments: