Thursday, January 06, 2005

Danielle @ 40 part one

Surprise parties are a bit of a tradition in the family. Of course they are seldom a real surprise, it has become nicely ritualised, so that the surprise is if there isn't one - but it all adds to the excitement. I arranged a surprise drop-in drinks party here for Danielle’s 40th with York friends this evening. It went really well, very busy, kids all on the trampoline at once, and our friend Em made a great cake.

For my thirtieth I came back from playing Badminton one mid-week evening, went upstairs to have a bath. Came down later to find a room full of people waiting for me – they had had to endure a silent-ish party for half an hour whilst they waited for me to emerge. No one seemed to mind too much, they preferred clean and late to sweaty and punctual.

No comments: