Thursday, March 31, 2005

Top Ten Books

The top ten books that have influenced me [in no particular order]

1 Zen & the art of motorcycle maintainance - Robert Pirsig
General meaning of life stuff. Good at making you take things one step at a time

2 Organic vegetable gardening - Laurence Hills
Ancient but inspiring

3 The Sound of the City - Charlie Gillett
Puts music into perspective

4 Pre-grouping Railway Atlas
Makes sense of all those disused railway lines

5 The Outsider - Colin Wilson
A guide to existentialism that you can actually understand

6 On the Road - Jack Kerouac
Inspired me to hitch-hike

7 Richard's bicycle book - Richard Ballantine
Inspired me to get cycling again

8 Quaker Faith & Practice
Quaker thoughts on most things

9 Film Noir - Silver & Ward
The perfect guide to the great art form

10 The Hamlyn Guide to Birds of Britain and Europe - Bruun & Singer
This was my father's bird book, it is my favourite.

No comments: