Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lent


This year Danielle and I have given up drink for lent. The main challenge will be at social events, or when meeting someone "for a drink". The first test was on Friday night when I met up with MBA friend Jonny for a drink - only to find that he too had given up for lent. So we had a pleasant couple of alocohol free lagers. I have also given up not juggling - which means I try to practice every day. When I travelled to Norway on the ferry once, the customs officials were suspicious of my juggling balls [let's face it they do feel suspicious].
"What are these?"
"Juggling Balls"
"Show us"
I then had to do some juggling to prove they were what I said. Better than being strip searched.

The photo is of Baille hill, one of William the Conqueror's forts built when he used York as his base to subdue the North.

No comments: