Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tales from the Trains


I arrive at the station as normal, then notice the larger than usual number of people milling around the departure boards. I get nervous, check the boards, searching for the worst. And there it is “..cancellation… derailment”. Luckily today I had walked in, on account of carrying a framed photo to a customer in London, so I got to the station early. I managed to catch a delayed early train and get into London. It was the last train that made it through before a freight train derailed at Newcastle causing huge delays for everyone else. Relief.

This is all part of the drama of travelling down by train, you win some, you lose some. In theory getting back this evening should be easy. Time will tell.

The photo is of York station roof

No comments: