Monday, July 09, 2007

Le Tour


I went down to London on Saturday for the prologue to of Tour de France. I met up with niece Sarah and Markus and friend Paul at the Commonwealth club where we had a peaceful and cool beer before braving the crowds. It was packed but we managed to get a great spot on the barriers 20 metres from the start. Paul and I stayed there whilst the others walked on to Hyde Park. It was a great day.
Last time the Tour was in the UK I went down to Brighton with Mark and Rob to watch Chris Boardman nearly win the stage. On the way back we had to keep ringing home to see if Mark's twins were on the way or not. 13 years on and Mark could not make it to watch the Tour because he was taking one of those twins to an audition for something musical. So it goes.
The photo is of Dave Zabrieski, the US champion. I was hoping he could win, so that the headlines could read "Zabriekski makes his Point" but luckily he was on a bad day.

No comments: