Sunday, November 11, 2007

Jazz Architecture


Went to the Shed in Hovingham with Patrick and Julia to seeGwyneth Herbert . Danielle was too flue-y. It was a really good gig, I had never heard of her before but her band were great, and her performance got the whole place going.

At the start of the gig the owner, Simon Thackeray, read out a poem in memory of a local jazz fan who had died this week. It was

Ron Sims

who was the architect of our house. I spoke to Ron when we were considering buying the house, and he told me about its history and rationale. Anyway I was telling Simon this, and he pointed out some friends of Ron's on the front row, so I had a good chat with them about him and his work. Felt good.
The photo is of Beverley Minster in the East Riding of Yorkshire



V

No comments: