Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Penn Club


Danielle often stays at the Quaker hotel off Russell Square, http://www.pennclub.co.uk/ the Penn Club [named after William Penn as is Pennsylvania]. I had never been before Monday when Rob with whom I am doing this new piece of work in London suggested we meet there. It is great, a real Quaker peace seemed to fill the space. I was chatting politely to an old couple who were staying there,
me "So why are you here?"
they "We have been to an AGM at the weekend"
me [thinking, it must have been some boring worthy Quaker committee] "Oh yes what was that?"
they "A meeting of people who have walked the pilgrims trail to Santiago de Compostella in Spain"
me [suddenly interested] "I've walked that"
There followed a great conversation about that great path across Spain.

The photo is from the Leeds Liverpool canal, another great path.

No comments: