Saturday, March 19, 2011

Bike Friday

Friday is bike ride day at the moment. After the cold, the snow, the wet of the past few months I was due a good day. And I got one. Perfect weather, sun all day, little traffic. 90 miles of joy. My route was a new one, and I loved it. Starting up the Vale of York to the River Ure at Masham [the h is silent] where I got lunch in a great cafe [the grandfather at the next table with his grandkids, turned out to be a cyclist too. So when I told him I had cycled the 40 miles from York, he just nodded rather than the expected reaction of "You must be fit/mad"]. Then I took a back road right over the tops to Lofthouse in the Nidd valley which I followed down to Pately Bridge [cafe] and Knaresborough [cafe #3]. Then my usual route back to York. Longest ride so far this year, and the best.





No comments: