Thursday, January 19, 2012

Oyez

Rowan got this card from us for her birthday; a picture of her running each year from 2006 - 2011.

Ben, her uncle, composed this Cry of her, in his role of town cryer for Alexandria

To Rowan Palmour:

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez!!

Gentle Mistresses and Most Distinguished Gentlemen of York, UK, Gather Close and Lend me your ear.

As I write for you this little rhyming piece 
For the worlds best daughter, grand-daughter, cousin and niece.
While I am sure she saw all of this coming,
Because today the tune of "Happy Birthday" everybody is humming.

I still bet this will cause her to put on an embarrassed look
Since I am sure she didn't expect this to be posted to Facebook!
Whereas 14 years ago on this date it all began,
On this day, January 16th, We now get to carry out our plan,

Of wishing a very, very happy birthday for Rowan!

To Rowan, huzzah!
To Rowan, huzzah!
To Rowan, huzzah!

No comments: