Friday, August 17, 2012

No Use Crying

I picked the penultimate crop of blackcurrants yesterday - the best crop ever this year I think. Took an hour or so. Started to make a lovely blackcurrant cordial, smelt delicious. Meantime I picked another round of courgettes; they too have had their best ever crop this year. So I was making a courgette soup at the same time as the blackcurrant cordial. I had the dollop of Marmite ready to put into my soup [it gives flavor], Danielle came into the kitchen and asked me something. I answered at the same time as putting the Marmite into the blackcurrant pan. Quick immediate and irreversible in effect. Nothing to do but accept the situation. I tasted it, not too bad actually, and bottled it anyway as a condiment knowing that a] only I would try it, and b] that chances are it would end up on the compost heap. Oh well. Hope its not potap.
The photo is of a Heron on one of the weirs in Sheffield; Rowan had netball and high jump down at the EIS this week. Jess Ennis' coach was busy back at work already.

No comments: