Sunday, November 24, 2013

Not so good

And sometimes things just don't work out [see last post] - I suppose it all has to balance. Today I set off for a bike ride after seeing Rowan playing in her latest Netball Match [they won]. After 10k or so I had a puncture - rare but not the end of the world. I found a bus shelter and changed the tube. Not being able to find the cause of the puncture in the tyre was a worry but I guessed it had not caught in the rubber. So eventually I set off again. 1k later and it is flat once moor. Disaster as it means I am now on to my last tube, any more punctures and I will be walking home. I still cannot find the cause in the tyre. As I am taking the tyre off one of the tyre leavers flies off into the leaves and grass and debris where I am stopped. Luckily I track it with my eyes and retrieve it, being very thankful that further disaster did not arise. I take the lever again and once more it flies into the dirt [this is usually a very rare occurrence]. This time I cannot find it, so I have to get the tyre off with one lever [a bit like clapping with one hand]. I have a lateral think and remember that I have a screwdriver as part of my keyring, and it just about does the job.
So then I set off once more, worrying about the imminent deflation - luckily this time it does not come, but my ride is aborted as I head back home.
The photo is another from the day that things did go right, at Sledmere.


No comments: