Friday, November 28, 2014

Autumn

It was a dank and damp typical autumnal morning. I nearly decided to skip my planned couple of hours on the bike, but in the end made the effort. I am glad I did. After a busy week it felt great to gently push the gear around and venture forth. I stopped deep in the farmland to the west of York and looked across the fields to misty woods, realising that I could see nothing that was modern, just hedges and fields and trees. If felt timeless. Later on I could see a steam train in the far distance at speed on the main line heading south and leaving a trail of steam in its wake; a really impressive sight adding to the strange feeling of the morning. I think this was the type of engine I saw. The photo was taken in the summer, and as you can probably work out from Rowan, a good few years ago.

No comments: