Saturday, April 25, 2015

April Walk

Danielle and I continue our monthly West Yorkshire Pennines walks. January was snow, February was fog, March was rain and April was ... beautiful sunshine, dry underfoot, little wind. In other words the most un-Pennine of days. We walked up from Todmorden onto the moors that border Lancashire, a real treat. We saw Dippers, Grey Wagtails, Skylarks and a huge windfarm being constructed on the tops: this was a challenge for me. It is easy to say "I am for wind power" and I do say it. It is easy to say it when the wind farm is on some old airfield somewhere, or out at sea. I certainly don't mind the windmills on the skyline in the Pennines, but when you see the access roads they are having to build across the tops to get the mills there in the first place and service them ... well it is a challenge to stay positive about it all. But I do: they will blend in over time and they have to be the way to go.

No comments: