Thursday, July 30, 2015

Ride Update

My training for the 100 mile London ride was going so well ... I started four or five weeks ago and had been building up nicely. Then I got a virus which laid me out for close on 2 weeks, then I went straight into the Art Show in London, then it poured with rain non stop Monday and Tuesday of this week. So today was the first time I had been on my bike for over two weeks - far from ideal. Anyway I got in a good [if occasionally wet] ride of 140km which should see me right for the 160km on Sunday. I felt a bit stiff and a bit out of puff but am looking forward to the ride.

I have hit 150% of my target for donations to Prostate Cancer UK, so am really pleased about that, and know that I have to finish! Here is the link https://www.justgiving.com/Simon-Palmour

The photo is of butterflies on the Moor, just before they cut all the grass for hay.

No comments: