Saturday, November 14, 2015

Crash

Everytime I hear an ambulance siren I check in my mind that it can't be going to either Rowan or Danielle; it's a natural thing I think.
Yesterday I heard no sirens. But I got in from walking the dog and took a call from North Yorkshire Police;
"Hello, Mr Palmour, nothing to worry about but your wife has been hit by a car and she is being taken to the hospital in the ambulance. Can you meet her there?"
So I get in the car [so I can bring her home] and head off to the hospital. Only I don't because there is total gridlock. It is only later that I learn that the cause of this gridlock was Danielle, who had to lie in the road for 40 minutes whilst they fitted a neck-brace etc, on the busiest road in York centre.
So I go back home and cycle to the hospital where I find her awaiting the emergency doctor. She is bruised, shaken, but OK. After an x-ray she is allowed home with a possibly fractured clavicle. The driver drove straight into her, admitted responsibility, the Police will take a statement from Danielle tomorrow.
So, quite a day. Here is a nice picture of Danielle, glad to have her in one piece.

No comments: