Thursday, June 08, 2017

Home to Home

I took a train to Preston - direct but very slow from York - then cycled back through Grimsargh [where I lived as a small boy], Longridge [where I coveted a plastic "Beatles" guitar - not a Fender], Hurst Green [where the ice cream we used to crave is still being made and sold] and on across the Pennines until at Adingham the road was closed. As usual I ignored the sign thinking "I can just get round any blockage", only this time the tarring machine was totally across the road, there was no way through. No problem, I took a footpath that wound its way down to the main road. Just at the end of the path the farmer was using it as a pen for her sheep. I managed to find a way around and then got back to York. A really great ride from home past to home present.

No comments: