Monday, December 04, 2017

Gig of the Year

Part of my 60th birthday celebrations [which began with the trip to Wuppertal and will include something in London early next year] was a party here in York for local friends. The band were playing our first gig there as well [insert own jokes about captive audience etc]. So to about 50 people we played two sets and it went really well. No photos of the whole band have emerged yet - but I hope they will. So here is Greg and I getting our harmonies spot on for Taking A Mop To The Sea.
All four of us enjoyed it a lot, and feedback was very good too [audience response not guitar screeching].
And the party was really nice, lots of very touching and fitting presents. An uplifting time. Hopefully some tracks and photos to follow.
As I type this I am listening [for the first time in my life] to Captain Beefheart on account of someone saying that my guitar playing sounded like the bloke in his band; not sure that is a compliment. But I'll take it.

No comments: