Monday, April 08, 2019

Open Studios - Weekend One

First Open Studios weekend done and dusted. I was exhibiting at home on my own, so footfall was down on last year (at the Mount and with Jo the Jeweller). But sales so far are up, so that is really gratifying. The book launch on Friday night went well, with Danielle being the MC and short speeches by she and me, jazz by Adrian and bass-player Christian. Good turnout, good sales. Happy.
As usual with Open Studios, I met lots of interesting people, new to me. We might have got a keyboard player for the band as well.
I took this shot in Cleveland 10 days ago. I liked it, ordered a copy while I was still in the US. It arrived in time for the show, and someone bought it. So I hope it might become a big seller. By printing it in this sepia tint it makes Lake Erie look like the desert, which adds to the oddness of the image.

No comments: