Monday, September 30, 2019

Worlds 1

I first saw the World Cycling Road Race championships with Mark at Goodwood in 1982. This was the last time they came to the UK. The atmosphere and excitement of the event, with fans from around the world, got me hooked. The next year I saw the race in Switzerland at Rorscharch when Greg Lemond won. In 1988 I was at Ronse in Belgium to see Fondriest win. 1991 it was Stuttgart and Giani Bugno won. 1993 I was in the rain in Oslo as Lance Armstrong won. In 2001 I was in Lisbon with Danielle and Rowan to see Oscar Freire win. So when it was announced the the Worlds would be in Yorkshire for 2019 I was very excited.
Last week was the week. Monday I cycled over to Harrogate to see the Junior Time Trials. This is a shot of a Thai rider setting off at the start of the Junior Men's time trial.

No comments: