Monday, April 11, 2022

The Second Weekend

Well it was another real full-on Open Studios. Virtually no minutes when there was no one in the gallery. A lot of chat, a lot of appreciation and plenty of sales. My most successful show for a long while, I rang out of books and had to call international rescue (aka Danielle) to bring some more up the hill to The Mount School where I was showing.

Today has been spent getting orders and sales records sorted out. Next task I have set myself (foot allowing) is to catalog all my photographs that I sell or exhibit.

For many shows I have included this shot, even though it gets little reaction. I love it so I like to put it up there. And this time someone loved it too and bought it for her daughter who lives in London. Very pleasing.

It is called On The Beach, 

Taken at lunch time on a London working day. The walkways of the South Bank were alive with the jostle of office workers on their break, and tourists on the move. I looked over the wall and saw this woman who had found some peace and quiet amidst it all. An unexpected beach. Sometimes composition falls into your lap like this, other times you have to work hard at it.



No comments: