Monday, October 25, 2004

Sun comes up, its Monday morning...

Apologies to the Cowboy Junkies.....

Last night there were gales, so I turned over in my bed, safe in the knowledge that I could have a good lie-in in the morning with no twinges of concience about exercising - I was positive it would be pouring. However, the morning dawned clean and shining, so I hauled myself into my trainers and out armed with Radio 1 (yes that's right, Radio 1) on my headphones.

Autumn morning on Hob Moor, York, 8:00am on first day of half term: The sun was shining but was clearly having trouble managing the climb into the sky. Running/ shambling on the moor was a damp business; I kept off the paths to avoid intermittant swamps that appeared from time to time. This earned me dirty stares from the cattle that clearly had the same idea - I suppose someone running across your breakfast isn't a welcome development. They got their own back as a didn't always manage to avoid the freshly reconstituted cowpats that dot the moor, returned to a cold and sloppy version of their former glory. I did manage to stay upright, but my trainers will never be the same.

No comments: