Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Digital Ear

Got my NHS digital hearing aid on Saturday. It is a big improvement on the old analog one. I will try and use it more.......... It is best when there is an induction loop available, but still difficult to get used to in other situations. They cost two grand a shot if you buy them privately, or nothing if you get them on the NHS. I think there is probably a middle ground to be found there.

My hearing still provides amusement from time to time. I was listening to a Radio program that was about Osama Bin Laden and was bemused that the presenter was so worried about him getting hold of a saxaphone [cue images of Bin Laden playing sax in a cave to his followers]. Then I realised they were talking about a "sat-phone" which is short for a satellite phone. Oh well. S

No comments: