Sunday, October 07, 2007


Friend Patrick and I took our daughters to the football yesterday. Watching York throw away a one-goal lead and loose 4-1 to a team from a place I have never heard of [Histon, and I thought I knew just about every town in Britain] was perhaps not the greatest introduction to supporting your local team, but they enjoyed it a lot and it didn't rain. Whilst York were loosing, Preston managed to loose to Ipswich [supported by cousin Will and far too many of my friends, and my neighbour]. So not a great football day.
This time last year York had
Clayton Donaldson as their star striker. Unbelievably he now plays for Hibs in Scotland [who are top of the Scottish League] and scored a hat-trick last week - How does that work?
Photo is of the lighthouse last week

No comments: