Friday, August 19, 2011

Books

The combination of Rowan's boot camp and a lot of work on mean that the blog has suffered! Apologies.
In book group we read Brighton Rock by Graham Greene. The general view was that it was not all-that. Danielle and I watched the 1947 movie version [screenplay by Greene and Terrence Rattigan] and I reckon it is better than the book; not the usual way around.
I have also read One Day by David Nichols and absolutely loved it. I have been meaning to read it for a while now; it was well worth the wait. It is not often I cry when I read a book [usually save that for films and the Eurovision Song Contest - different types of tears] but I managed it with this one. Perfect.

1 comment:

John Medd said...

I'm currently reading Submarine by Joe Dunthorne. It's very funny; they tell me it's been made into a movie.

John - a relatively new Northerner