Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bob


I am travelling down to South Wales to do some work for three days for a local authority. This is the first time I have worked in a foreign country. The Welsh Assembly seems to have had quite an effect on social care policy.

I take the train to Manchester Picadilly then get the Arriva Trains Wales service to Cardiff. It is a lovely spacious train, very comfortable, and a great route down the Marshes. I will be staying in Cardiff with Bodnum [spelt Bodenham] Bob. When I was working in Lemster [spelt Leominster]in 1985 I was pining for the metropolitan life that I had left behind. So when Bob & Sue arrived from Suthuck [spelt Southwark] it was like a breath of fresh air from the Smoke. Bob and I used to jam together, Bob would sing Dylan, Cash etc and I would put lead guitar all over it; it was fun.
We have kept in touch through job changes, marriage collapses, weddings etc and I look forward to seeing him again.
(He used to live in Bodenham)

No comments: