Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Coincidence


Rowan and I were on the train to Birmingham to see The Gadget Show Live. I used the time to finish off “Such A Long Journey” by Rohinton Mistry. This is the writer whose “A Fine Balance” is probably the best novel I have read. He wrote this one prior to A Fine Balance and it is not as good; still brilliant though.
I finished the last page, took a breath. Checked my phone. An email from Bob, telling me he had just finished A Fine Balance on my recommendation and loved it.
I know two people in Cardiff, Bob, who I stayed with last month, and Ellen a work colleague from Alder Consulting. When I saw Ellen last week she mentioned she had been cycling with a cycling group in Cardiff. “There wasn't an American bloke in the group was there?” I asked. Turns out that Bob was, indeed part of this small cycling group too. Small world.

No comments: