Saturday, February 09, 2013

Wolds again

I finally managed to get out for a walk in the Wolds yesterday. Just a smattering of snow here and there, even a bit of sun. I walked near Fordon which is out east and one the most remote and lonely parts of the Wolds; so I like it a lot.
Just to show you that things do not always go to plan photographically I also post the shot after this one when Milo not only ambled into view but also dropped a lurid plastic bottle he had found right in shot. Thanks Dog.

In the evening we had Maxine & Greg and Patrick & Julia round for dinner. We pulled out all the culinary stops between us. I did a Bettys starter [courgette and feta fritters with chili jelly] then Provencal stew [from the chili cookbook Rowan gave me] and Danielle did her Bettys sticky apple pudding. It was good to catch up with people, and the food was good.
Rowan meantime was taking part with her friends from another school in a charity quiz. All those days of games she and I played payed off; no one else knew the North Korean flag and capital.

No comments: