Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crazy Neil Young

Monday Danielle and I took the train to Newcastle, checked in to our hotel and went to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse play at the Metro Arena.
A lot of my guitar heroes are dead [Hendrix, Roy Buchanan, Rory Gallagher, Elmore James etc] so I thought I should get to see one who is not only still alive but still playing as brilliantly and innovatively as ever. It was some gig http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/jun/11/neil-young-crazy-horse-review with loads of noisy guitar which was just what I wanted. Not perfect, but a real artistic statement. Unforgettable and worth every penny.
The hotel was great too, so we had a really good time. Now I will have to see Jeff Beck and Santana whilst they are still around ...

The photo is of a rape field in the Wolds in full and smelly bloom.

No comments: