Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Heritage Ride 8

The Old Tram Way
I cycle down to the Ribble and through the majestic Avenham Park before crossing on the old Tram Bridge. This was a favourite place that my father would bring us to walk. The tramway connected the Leeds and Liverpool canal with the Lancaster canal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancaster_Canal_Tramroad . It is now a great cycle track heading south from the town which connects with another cycle track through CuCuerden valley that takes me to Whittle le Woods. A beautiful evening, so I cycle up the hill to Brindle where my mother was raised when my grandfather was vicar of the parish. Brindle is a lovely little village on the edge of the Pennine hills. Finally get to my hotel which does what I need it to do – wash, eat, sleep.

No comments: