Saturday, September 12, 2015

Corbyn In

Jeremy Corbyn, the new leader of the Labour Party, was MP for Islington when Danielle and I both worked there. I never had much to do with him, but Danielle worked with him on environmental issues. He is a nice bloke.

During the campaign it has been noticeable that left-leaning people outside of the Party, think Corbyn is great; a real refreshing change to the suits of new labour. Friends actually working for the Labour Party, locally and nationally, on the other hand are in real dismay. They see things going back to the grim, powerless 80s.

I fear they are right ... but, it is impossible for me not to feel good about a cycling, vegetarian leading the party. Time will tell.
The photo is of Victor and I in the early 90s; I think we look better than we sounded.

No comments: