Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bowie 2

Here are all of the Bowie tracks I have on my ipod.

Bewlay Brothers
Quicksand
Both from Hunky Dory. Standard story; I listened to them over and over as a teenager in my bedroom [in the Lakes]. Didn't understand them, didn't matter.
Queen Bitch
Only got to like this recently, great acoustic/electric intro, love the repeated lyric. Why is there no statue to Mick Ronson in Hull?
Memory Of A Free Festival
Twee, but a great outro chorus. Uplifting
The Width of The Circle
I like The Man Who Sold the World album more than most, and this track is just perfect. Great muddy sound, Ronson on song.
Moonage Daydream
John I'm Only Dancing
Five Years
Rock & Roll Suicide
I remember hearing Starman when it was a hit, and wondering what the hell it was. These are the four best tracks from the Ziggy years.
Sweet Thing / Candidate
The live version, from David Live, with Earl Slick and David Sanbourn burning it up is fantastic and raw. I love the lyrics. Remember listening at school over and over again.
Neukoln
Warswaza
When Bowie put out these electronic weird instrumentals, I loved them at once. The songs on Low I could live without [I do] but this stuff gets better with time.
Somebody Up There Likes Me
The track I like best from Young Americans
Heroes
About the only one of his big hit tracks that I have.
Wild Is The Wind
Station To Station
Stay
Tracks from the Station to Station album which has a great threatening ambiance. Stay is a crazy live version,
Black Star
Lazarus
Two tracks from the new album which pass the strict Palmour iPod criteria.

No comments: