Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Monday Morning

Getting the early train on a Monday morning is fine. I get everything ready the night before, then just roll out of bed, wash, dress, cup of Barleycup, on the bike and off. Today went fine. I arrived at the station, locked my bike, headed to get a coffee … hang on, something is not right. No heavy weight on my shoulders. I have forgotten by rucksack [work, laptop, overnight stuff; indispensable].
Fifteen minutes until the train leaves. I ride back home full tilt, grab the bag, hurtle back to the station, run through the underpass, emerge on the platform, just get on board on time. Relief. Check my heart rate on my phone, “you should consult your doctor”. Thanks for that.
The photo shows three generations of Leeds. The canal, the railway, the modern flats.

No comments: