Thursday, February 18, 2016

SF 2

Whilst Danielle was working hard at the Santa Fe Institute I visited the local Quaker meeting in the morning. A great bunch of people, pretty much identical to Quakers in the UK, in terms of their friendliness and concerns. Two things surprised me; firstly that the meeting was a sell-out, good job I got there early to get a seat. Secondly the meeting house, an adobe style building, is older than our meeting house in York.

After meeting I walked up into the hills on a fantastic network of trails. I really felt at home here, and very happy. I passed another walker who said "I can tell you're OK, by the smile on your face".

In the evening we all went out for a meal at Sam's house [the member of  Core who invited them all to Santa Fe]. We had a great Indian meal then walked back to the hotel. Santa Fe is one of the few American towns I have been in where walking around seems perfectly normal [or at least not totally weird].


No comments: