Thursday, October 05, 2017

And more

Next stop was to see Maria who I had not seen for a good ten years or so; lives in Hackney, a professor of psychotherapy and full of life. Andros her son was there who I last saw when he was 17 and I cycled with him and his brother all the way to Southend from Tottenham; that was 27 years ago. He still remembered my soup and wanted the recipe, which was an extremely surprising but welcome request.
So I got the tube to Leicester Square [so far on this trip I had walked everywhere] and checked into an AirBnB place in Soho. It was a council flat built as a street in the sky on top of shops running up Charing Cross Road. It was perfect for Danielle and I. We walked over the road to the ENO in St Martins Lane and saw Aida with the brilliant Texan soprano Latonia Moore. Not the greatest production but good singing and good company with the other folk in the cheap seats up high.
Next day I walked some more around Regents Park and Camden and got home in time to take my photography class at the school.
The view from our Soho street in the sky.

No comments: