Wednesday, October 04, 2017

People people people

I have had a pretty intense few days. Sunday evening a pint with a friend who has split with his wife; after many years, two kids just left school. He looked well.
Monday I caught up with Mike in Dalston. Life is hard for him, but he is in good emotional shape and well integrated in the community; hard not to feel a deep sadness though. Then it was on to a tapas bar in Crouch End to see John for the first time since his wife Anne died earlier this year. He seemed well, and I hope he gets up to York soon; a great white rioja we had too. Next step was to stay with Paul and Coral in Muswell Hill. It was great to see the whole family [two daughters, one choosing universities, one in year 5] looking well. 
Tuesday I nipped round the corner to Rob & Kath for a coffee; very happy empty nesters. It is always good to see them. Next stop was to see Mark, a publisher friend who works off Pentonville Road in Islington. Another friend whom I had not seen for a good few years, and another friend who it seemed I had seen only yesterday. We had a coffee and a chat, he gave me a couple of books from his own company and off I went. 
Atop the citadel in Buda

No comments: