Friday, January 05, 2018

Seamer 2

There is a secret bit on the Trans-Pennine-Express trains beyond the first class. Here tend to gather those in the know with special needs. On my train back from Seamer yesterday this included me and another guy with bikes, a bloke in a hoody with a lovely greyhound and a guy in a wheelchair. All of us felt more comfortable in this section - a pleasant journey was had by all.

Every year we watch Christmas University Challenge [when it is old alumnae who have achieved fame / fortune / success from Universities rather than current students]. I always thought eventually someone we knew would be on it, and this year it happened. Paul is on the Keeble College team who are into the final. There was also someone who I do not know but I did force into taking a picture of Derwood and me a couple of years ago ... "What, so I'm a photographer now am I?" he sniffed as I failed to recognise him. So there was Tony James, ex bandmate in Gen X with Derwood representing Brunel. [They lost].

No comments: