Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Melbourne 4

Today we went on a wine, cheese and chocolate tour of the Yarra valley on a coach from Melbourne. Danielle organised it for us, and it was really good! We came away with a 20 year old port, a variety of chocolates for gifts and some vege crisps. We met some New Zealanders on the trip;
Me "A relative of mine walked from North Cape to Bluff, (the entire length of New Zealand) you might have heard of him, but you probably haven't, Reed."
She "AH Reed? the publisher, oh yes we've heard of him."
Me "The book is not that great, lots of cups of tea in schools and churches"
She "He came to my school when he was on his walk, and had a cup of tea with us".
This made my day. [part 1]

We got back to town then got a cab out to a hotel at the airport in readiness for an early start tomorrow. The driver is Turkish Cypriot now settled in Australia. We had a really interesting conversation all journey, he was an uplifting fellow. I mentioned that one of my favourite songs is Turkish, but I did not know who it was by. I play it on my phone, he Shazams it, tells me it is by Selda Bagcan then plays me some of her other big tunes. Technology bringing us together. This made my day [part 2]
Wine tasting at a winery in the Yarra Valley

No comments: