Monday, December 17, 2018

State visit to Humberhead

It is six years since I first visited the Humberhead peatlands of Thorne Moor and Hatfield Moor. I have recommended visits to people who have seen my photographs at exhibitions, and I know some have discovered the area. But I have never taken friends or family there. So it was a pleasure to finally introduce Danielle to Hatfield Moor yesterday. After cold rain on Saturday we had a cloudless calm day for our visit. We did a good loop, passed two other people, walking for about three and a half hours. I have to admit that my adoration of the area was not fully shared by Danielle, she loved it but not quite as much as me! I do realise that I am perhaps a little obsessed with it all. It is still amazing to me that such a beautiful place can be virtually unvisited by the public.
Milo was happy to show Danielle the way around the Moor.

No comments: