Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Foot News

Monday morning I get a call from the hospital. My foot is broken and they have got me an appointment for an operation on Tuesday. A lot to take in. 

7.30 on Tuesday I arrive for my opp, get signed in, meet the anaesthetist, sign the forms etc. When I speak to the junior surgeon and he mentions plates, one year recovery time etc I start to feel a little under-prepared, and the issues under-discussed. 

8.30 I get to talk to the consultant. He is surprised that I can walk relatively easily, and suggests we leave it for a week when he can see me at his surgery and we can take a more relaxed decision. I am relieved.

10.00 Back home with a support boot. Quite a lot of anxiety over what lies ahead.

The boot, Senegal v Egypt on the TV. So much to do, not able to do it. But I will be at Open Studios.


No comments: