Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Scotton


Part of the Humberhead levels are to the east of the river Trent that flows south from the Humber to Gainsborough. It is not a large area, and much of it is bordered in the east by Scunthorpe. So up to now I had not visited it. But whilst looking at ariel shots of  Thorne and Hatfield moors, I noticed that there was an area of heath and forest and bog that I had not heard of. So I headed to Scotton Common on Monday morning. I am glad that I did, it was an interesting and beautiful area. This shot gives a good indication of what the heath looks like. More shots to follow.

In the evening I had a drink with Eddy in memory of Patrick. Patrick and I, and Eddy when he could make it, used to meet up for Monday evening drinks in as many different York pubs as we could get through. Monday chosen as both Patrick and I were deaf, and needed the quiet Monday vibe to hear what we were saying.

No comments: