Saturday, February 26, 2005

Weaving through the snow

Rowan and I had a good time yesterday evening [Danielle was on her way back from London] having tea at some friends from Quaker meeting. Rowan went off to play with Ella [one year older] and put up with Tom [two years younger], whilst I had a good chat with Beverly [freelance trainer] and Steve [social worker]. It was a pleasant early evening. Got back, and finished constructing Danielle's Loom http://www.foxglovefiber.com/foxglove/images/Tbleloom.jpg

This morning I drove Rowan and Danielle and the loom up to Levisham deep in the North York Moors [they were cut off until yesterday with the snow]. I left them with Betty who is teaching them how to weave. I then cycled back via Pickering http://www.yorkshire-tour.co.uk/yt/pick.htm and Castle Howard. It was a bit wet and slushy but I had a good ride with the wind mainly behind me. Just time to get ready for tomorrow [we have people for lunch] then Danielle and I are off for a meal with friends this evening.

No comments: