Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Badminton - New player


Rowan went to play at her friend Melissa's house today, which meant I could get on with various bits of home administration [electrics, holiday, etc]. Danielle made the final batch of jam from the blackcurrants, it has been a really good crop this year - more through accident than design.

Yesterday I had my first piece of badminton coaching ever, after 17 years of playing it came not a moment too soon. The basic message from the very pleasant coach was "you have many bad habits, we have to deconstruct them before you can start to play how you should". Fairly daunting and tempting to revert to Bad Simon style. But today I played my friend Adrian for the first time [he has not played for 10 years] and tried out all the new stuff. We had a good game and will play again.

The photo is of baby Cecilly from yesterday.

No comments: