Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Company of Cyclists








I had an altercation with a South African embassy car in Trafalgar square on my bike yesterday. Nothing unusual about that, I was in the right and he was being aggressive. What was different was that as soon as it was apparent there was something going on, at least four cyclists appeared from nowhere and leapt to my defense - a good feeling I must say. Then as I cycled off another cyclist came up and checked I was OK. Then later on my chain snapped in the middle of Tottenham Court Road. I managed to get to the pavement without being run-over by the eager taxis behind me, only to be immediately told by someone where the nearest cycle repair shop was so that I could my chain fixed. Blimey, the community of cyclists really seems to work in central London.
The photo is of

Wanstead Park

from my ride in London yesterday.

No comments: