Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter


With Mother not well enough to come and stay with us at Easter, and with the weather looking set fair, we decided to go camping in the Duddon Valley in the Lakes. This is my favorite part of the Lakes, the one I know best, and very quiet. Rowan was keen to camp, so we found a basic [very basic] campsite with loos and cold water.

http://www.duddonvalley.co.uk/phdi/p3.nsf/supppages/0955?opendocument&part=6

Suited us fine. Danielle's recovering leg gave her a bit of jip on the stony mountain paths, so she took it easy. Rowan loved being able to climb all over the rocks - she made a climbing pal called India. I nipped up Dow Crag on the Friday afternoon -

http://www.leaney.org/lake_district_fells.php?fell_id=dow_crag

It is a real Jekyl/Hide mountain. I climbed up the benign west side to be confronted by the dramatic and awesome east side once I reached the top. I walked off-piste both up and down, enjoying plotting a route through the rocks. The photo is of Walna Scar from Dow Crag

No comments: