Friday, May 11, 2012

Fathering

One of the things I like about York is that it is big enough to not feel smalltown but small enough to keep running into people you know. So I was not surprised when I was snacking at the Balloon Tree cafe outside of York whilst on a bike ride to the Wolds to hear "Oh Simon, I've got something to ask you". Turned out it was friend Liz who is doing some research interviews into fathers who take the lead in looking after their young children. So we fixed a time for later in the week. It went really well, I probably enjoy talking about myself a bit too much anyway. No notebook, just a smartphone. The questions did make me reflect on why I had done it and also on how much I enjoyed it.

The photo is of a tumulus on top of Garrowby Hill in the Wolds http://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2010/07/16/bronze-age-burial-mounds-saved-as-farmer-signs-up-for-stewardship-scheme-%E2%80%93-nope/

No comments: