Friday, January 25, 2013

AA

Greenwich Foot Tunnel

Using my very last free ticket I went down to see the Ansel Adams exhibition at the Royal Maritime Museum in Greenwich http://www.rmg.co.uk/visit/events/ansel-adams . It was really enjoyable, not too pricey, no queues and some great photographs. His landscapes have certainly influenced me. I walked back through the foot-tunnel then up the Isle of Dogs to get the tube at Canary Wharf. The change never fails to amaze me; when I moved to London a friend lived on the Isle of Dogs, she would look out of her flat window and see a Russian ship's funnel looming from the docks. Now the office blocks are truly awe-inspiring, not necessarily in a good way either; the whole Canary Wharf area does seem ripe for a new bonfire of the vanities.

No comments: