Sunday, January 06, 2013

Xmas Trip 8

All in all it was a really good trip to the US, great to see the family and lots of interesting places. This photo is of Rowan at the Martin Luther King memorial one evening when Ben drove us around the sights of DC; it is a really impressive monument.
Being 6'2, with a dodgy back, and being sat behind the person who always puts their seat back first on the whole plane [wherever I fly it happens], we invested $70 into an upgrade for me. This buys you about 6 inches of legroom [or put another way, this makes the seat one I can fit in]. It was worth it.
Someone asked me recently if I preferred the train to the plane? That is the ultimate no-brainer if ever I heard it.
Mind you our welcome back to Britain was a dreaded bus-replacement service from Leeds to York ...

No comments: