Monday, June 27, 2005

New ways of working

I am still waiting for confirmation to come through on the bit of work I bid for last week. But I have been given strong indications that I will be successful. So today I wanted to do some background reading for the work, and to make the most of the perfect weather. So I took the train to Todmorden, walked over Stoodley Pike to Hebden Bridge then got the train back in time to see Rowan's teacher with Danielle about her report, then pick up Rowan from her friend Rachael's. And I had lots of time on the train and at stations to do the reading. A good day.

The walk was fantastic. The upper Calder Valley is one of my favorite places, with the millstone grit buildings on the moors, and the bleak peat bogs on top creating a really atmospheric place. Not as sublime as the Lakes, or as cute as the Dales, but really great.

No comments: