Thursday, January 18, 2007

Marathon Update

Its Week 3 in my Marathon preparation. I am following the Runner's World programme for preparation - this week looks like this:

Week Three

Mon Rest (I like this one!)
Tue 1M jog, then 3 x 1M (or 9 mins) fast, with 400m (3-min) jog recoveries, then 1M jog (this was AWFUL! I started to question my sanity).
Wed (In London - so rest)
Thurs 4M (approx 45 mins) slow (ran this in the gale, but ahead of the pace time suggested)
Fri 3M (approx 30 mins) steady
Sat Rest
Sun 8M (85-90 mins) slow

I bought some new running shoes as my other ones were worn and smelly. The man in the running shop is doing the London Marathon (4th time) and is going for 2 hrs 45 minutes. I will be happy with twice that. Fundraising is going well - thanks to everyone that has contributed.

No comments: